Sunday, February 27, 2005

Dream Job

Oscars- eh, all were predictable. The real drama was on Dream Job, where former NBA stars Gerald Wilkins, JR Reid, Dee Brown, Matt Bullard, Dennis Scott, and someone else were competing for a job as an NBA analyst. I thought Dee Brown and Dennis Scott were OK and the rest were pretty bad. I guess Gerald Wilkins in particular was really bad, as when Stu "I have a lazy eye and no connection to black people" Scott asked him whether something was 'fact or fiction' and he responded, "Fict- fact- Fiction." I think if Scott had asked him, "You are literate- fact or fiction?" Wilkins would have come up with a decisive "Fiction." After the mock analysis, in which Wilkins was equally inept, the panel of judges got a chance to give their verdict. Though the viewer at home merely saw Wilkins' lip quiver as he got criticized, I was privy to his inner monologue. It went down like this:

Stephen A. Smith: Dee, you were pretty good but not great. Gerald Wilkins, you were terrible. Unwatchably bad.

Wilkins' monologue: Why you got to say that? I thought we was brothas...

White guy in charge of ESPN Talent: Gerald, you in particular were not up to snuff. Too vague, not enough specifics.

Wilkins' monologue: How bout this for specifics- I'm a fucking kill yo white ass.

White woman (don't know her job): I have to agree, Gerald Wilkins, you were the worst of the group by a lot.

Wilkins' monologue: You, oooh I'm a kill yo white ass, but first I'm a rape ya
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shit I hope Gerald Wilkins isn't reading this. I know he's plugged in to the blogosphere and he checks Finnegan's Wake every day, so I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't click the link.

2 comments:

rj in chattanooga said...

fuck you gearld wilkins is a real man who was a little nervous what do you do for a living critise people who are collage educated has a nice wife and family and oh is rich owns his own business so sir dream on that wilkins fan inn chattanooga tennesee who alsi is collage educated and went to school with gearld

rj in chattanooga said...

fuck you gearld wilkins is a real man who was a little nervous what do you do for a living critise people who are collage educated has a nice wife and family and oh is rich owns his own business so sir dream on that wilkins fan inn chattanooga tennesee who alsi is collage educated and went to school with gearld