Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Ex Files

Yesterday I found out that a person I work with is getting divorced. So this morning I was just searching on google about divorce, maybe to learn some pertinent information that could help him, and I came across this site: http://www.divorcemag.com/

It's Divorce Magazine!

help for generation "ex"

Now that's clever!

I also like the picture on this month's cover.













I can imagine the photographer saying... "OK Suzanne, smile, but not too wide. Yeah that's good. You don't want people to think you're too happy."
I imagine he has to go through the same admonishments each week, with eager young models dissapointed to land their first big cover but unable to flash their pearly-whites. It must be difficult for the photographer to strike that delicate balance between the relief at ending a bad marriage, and the bittersweet realization of lost youth. What an art!

5 comments:

Mulatto Jesus said...

guess who's got some fresh new posts?!?!?

the actual rod said...

you, yourself, are an artist, sir.

Tom said...

Holy shit, this is a fucking great post! Every time Eric posts it's like the feeling of coming.

Nosferatu said...

Pure genius!!! Check-mate!

Dan said...

i want a subscription, can I get a package deal with Gesture Afficianado