Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oubliette's Go Most Gentrified Parts of Manhattan 2006

A response to Dan/Tom:

First of all, this is the first fatal sting-ray attack recorded in Australia since 1945. I don't think he was taking such an extraordinary risk filming a sting-ray based on what we know about their ethology. Yes, it's true, the show he was filming was called "Ocean's Deadliest" but I don't think he was out there trying to get himself killed.

That having been said, picking out any random day from his life is probably a million times more exciting than all of the years of our lives combined. The man was a risk taker, and he died doing what he loved. Tom, I know you hate it when I tell you this, but go out and rent "Defending Your Life" again. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I think the chances of you getting mugged or getting run over by a bus while you listen to your iPod, or your heart failing you on the Squash court at The Yale Club are probably much greater than the odds of The Croc Hunter dying on his average day. But atleast he died after pulling a toxic sting-ray barb out his aortic valve. This will not be soon forgotten.

I'm not afraid to admit that I am really quite sad about his death. I love writing for this blog, but mocking Steve is off limits. Consider making a contribution to http://www.wildlifewarriors.org.au/ in his memory if you care to.

Best,
Eric



Update: Crikey! (Thanks Rich).

3 comments:

KINGSPAWN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KINGSPAWN said...

how do you say "douchebag" in australian?

answer: faggot.

Eric said...

I don't know who your are Kingspawn, but you know who I am. If I ever see you I'm going to rip your head off.