Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Water War: A Ken Burns Film

As summer rapidly retreats into the warm distance, I have spent the past few hours reminiscing about the Water War, or just simply The War as so many of that generation that lived it solemnly refer to it as.

So as I sat in a diner this evening for a late dinner, I flipped open the Metro Section of this town's "finest newspaper"... only to be struck by the level to which that mainstream media rag The Washington Post has stooped to, in the hopes of more advertising greenbacks through SHAMELESS product placement...

Caption: Danny Jones, 15, spent three days in the hospital. He is still trying to regain full motion in his left arm. "It was terrifying," he says of the August attack.

In case you missed it, here are some helpful red ellipses to point out the "healing touch of mother's hand combined with the fresh, all-natural restorative power of Poland Spring."


If you (my fellow Zephyrhills Natural Spring Water fans) are as outraged as I am, by this blatant bias, I encourage you to contact Deborah Howell - Ombudsman for The Washington Post at at 202-334-7582 or at ombudsman[at]washpost.com.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Eric, thank you for keeping up the bottled water coverage- I have been truly remiss. Who knows, you might be in contention for Pol-itzer, the prize for best water-related news coverage. Though since it's sponsored by Poland Spring, this hard-hitting piece might not please the powers-that-be.

Nostradamus said...

Oh Dan, what can I do to acquire a comment this witty?

Beneficent Allah said...

Why do we let the Chinese do such things to our people?!

Anonymous said...

This is the way Delino ends
This is the way Delino ends
This is the way Delino ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Beneficent Allah said...

Dear anon,

I'll show you bang...

I'll show you whimper too