Wednesday, November 09, 2005

You ever heard of a little blog called Not About Delino DeShields?

That is what we should have said to Scott Dikkers, editor-in-chief of The Onion when we were standing behind him in line for the new Sarah Silverman movie, Jesus is Magic.

A friend of his actually addressed us, asking who we were. The proper response?

Rich: "I am Delino, and this is my brother Marquis."

The real response:

Rich: "Hi...uh...just friends...uh...maybe you'll meet us sometime...(trail off)"

On the way into the movie, however, Dan and I did mutter the following while walking behind Dikkers: "Congdon, Congdon, Congdon, Congdon, guac, lester, guac, Congdon." I think he got the message.

Also, despite the fact that he is editor-in-chief of The Onion, and Dan and I are unemployed, we still have more attractive girlfriends. Finally, I just wanted to mention that the movie was pretty funny (despite the fact that it was mostly just Silverman doing stand up) and it included one scene with the amazing Bob Odenkirk.

1 comment:

the actual rod said...

Bob Odenkirk is a very good comic actor.

I'm sorry to be persistent about this, but I've been waiting months for my new copy of Gesture Aficionado. Give the people what they want, Delino!