Tuesday, January 22, 2008

today on the subway

So I'm sitting on the subway and the girl across from me is reading Eat, Pray, Love, that chick lit book about some woman who travels the world to find love and meaning and all that. Meanwhile, I'm just casually reading Robert Nozick's Anarchy, State, and Utopia, the libertarian philosophical treatise. And the girls asks me "Is Anarchy, State, and Utopia the sequel to Eat, Pray, Love?" I mean come on!


NB: Some, or possibly all, of the events in this story are embellished, except for the part about me reading Anarchy, State and Utopia- Tom, you impressed? Anyone impressed? Just a little?

2 comments:

Beneficent Allah said...

she tryin to get FREAK-AY FREAK-AYYY!

he's taken ho!

Anonymous said...

Put her in your maw; you will get infinitely more utility out of devouring her, than she would living the rest of her miserable chick lit life.