Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Overheard in NY on a Rooftop facing the Hudson River

[2 Jersey Girls see me packing up a DSLR still camera which I'd just shot a video on]

Jersey Girl 1: Hey you're a photographah take our picshah [hands me her phone]

Me: Sure.

[A giant light right next to me makes it impossible to see any background unless they move away from me]

Me: Could you move to your right. OK. 1. 2. 3.

[I hand phone back to Jersey Girl 1 - she and Jersey Girl 2 look at it as I finish packing up my gear and am about to walk away]

Jersey Girl 2:  They-ah's not much Jersey in this picshah

Jersey Girl 1: Not much Jersey at awwl! [Turning to me] Excuse me, we aww from Jersey and when I gave you the camera I figured you'd get Jersey in the picshah, not this silly rooftop.

Me: It's just the exposure difference between the light foreground and dark background makes it-- ah never mind [I take phone from Jersey Girl 1] 1. 2. 3.
[I hand phone back to Jersey Girl 1 and rush away from them, but catch their reactions]

Jersey Girl 1: Some photographah - ya can still byarely see Jersey

Jersey Girl 2: Idiot 



No comments: