Monday, July 17, 2006

Maybe...

...the upcoming movie Snakes on a Plane is simply a marketing experiment. As far as I can tell, the studio decided to bring in a big-name star and then come up with the most absurd possible plot and see if the public would eat it up. Well, the buzz for the movie is incredible so far (at least in terms of being talked about, especially on the internet), so it looks like New Line might be onto something. My favorite part of the Wikipedia entry for the movie is the fact that after wrapping principal photography, scenes were re-shot to ensure an R rating.

If the movie is as successful as it appears like it will be, look for other movies like it to come out very soon thereafter (in fact they are probably already in production...maybe Sharks on a muthafuckin' Boat?). I am still not sure, however, if I will be seeing the movie.

6 comments:

Nostradamus said...

I vote for Goats on a Snow-Mobile.

Nostradamus said...

BTW, I love you Rich.

Rich said...

GREAT NEWS FOR EVERYONE! I see a second bloggers convention in the near future...

KINGSPAWN said...

actually, the title choice existed before the star came on board. Apparently SLJ chose the film based on the title, then forced them to keep it after other titles were suggested.

Also, the "other titles" idea, sadly, already exists. See: Link in the comments!

Rich said...

right, the order of my events was mixed up in how i wrote it (of course the movie had to have been written first), but the main points still hold. the idea of the marketing gimmick, etc...

Anonymous said...

bunnies on a bus!