Friday, May 23, 2008

Quick Hits from Yesterday

I've been feeling the blog readership's temperature and it seems like content-dependent people out there are starving like Chinese peasants circa 1959. So here are two more quick hits from yesterday:

1. Yale Class of '50 guy telling me and Tom, "Now I would normally be alright with these two new colleges being built, but what's this Levin is saying about increasing the number of international students? I mean aren't Yalies supposed to be for God, for Country and for Yale?"

2. Tom suggested we start an information campaign about the evils of gifts like Gift Certificates and sweaters you're not sure the person will like, promoting cash as a better and more flexible alternative. Inspired by the NBA's pro-reading campaign, I suggested:

Cash is FUNgible

No comments: