Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Leader of the Pack

When I am in a crosswalk situation with a lot of people around, for some reason I always want to be leader of the pack. I make it a point to watch the lights/cars and start crossing the street the very second that it is safe to cross. I want everyone to be thinking, "Whoa, hold on a second there buddy, it's not safe to cross ye-- Oh. Well, I stand corrected." In the back of my mind, when I execute a great cross (way before the light comes on and shit), I am surely thinking "This is going to get me so much fucking pussy."

Anyone else?

P.S. A related syndrome, if I'm walking on a narrowish sidewalk, and there is someone walking in front of me, I will sometimes start walking really fast and make a semi-show out of going around them like they were really holding me up by walking so slow, when in fact the pace was quite comfortable.

5 comments:

Finnegan said...

Best Delino post ever. Frame this one.

Anonymous said...

Buy, buy, buy!

Anonymous said...

This post makes me want to smuggle tic tacs across the iron curtain.

Anonymous said...

sometimes i want to cross while the cars are coming full speed thinking that my show of balls will get me pussy. or maybe thats just what i tell myself.

Rich said...

i used to play a game on my walk to work (about 25 blocks). i would make sure to walk so fast that no one on the same side of the sidewalk as me would ever pass me during the entire walk. is this weird?