Thursday, March 17, 2005

Congressional Hearing on Steroids in Baseball

This was easily the funniest thing I've seen on TV in a long time. Schilling and Palmeiro handled themselves like pros, but McGwire, Sosa and Canseco were all just absurd.

Congressman: Mr. Canseco, you say in your book, "in the next ten years, virtually all athletes in major sports will do steroids. This is a good thing." What did you mean by that?
Canseco: I meant all players who need steroids for medical reasons.
Congressman: So you're in favor of an Olympic-style testing program for MLB?
Canseco: Yes, definitely.

Congressman: I'd like each of you to comment on your experiences seeing steroid use in the clubhouse first hand.
McGwire: I won't talk about the past. I want to talk about the positive.
Congressman: That didn't answer my question.
McGwire: The past is the past, let's talk about the future, the positives.

And the grand slam---

Congressman: [insert any question]
Sosa: (eyes dart around for awhile and a look of extreme nervousness crosses his face) Um, I don't know, mang.

No comments: